Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Do you believe?

Do you have faith in the living God? Do you really love God with all of your heart? The older I get, the more I see that only God can change people. The older I get, the more I realize that our only hope is Jesus Christ, the living Word. Sometimes I ask myself, do you really believe God? There is a part of me that says "Yeah but" and that's the part that brings me concern. Why?
The Bible says "These signs shall follow those who believe.." and then it lists the things that follow those who "truly believe." So you say, "what's the problem?" I'm glad you asked! Do you see those things happening in your life. I don't, and that concerns me. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I want to see more; much, much more.
I don't want to come to the end of my life and say "I could have, but I didn't." I want to see the works and miracles in my life. I want to see the "miracles" that Jesus did. Did HE not say, "Greater things than these shall YOU DO because I go to the Father." I do not believe that this is just my desire, I believe this is the heart of God Almighty, the "Uncreated One."
The Bible says that "All things are possible to him that believes." Do we believe that? I do! I want to believe more, but I have this "stuff" that holds me back. I can't change it, but there is a God who can. How does one "tap in" to this Tree of Life? In order to get the sap, you have got to be connected.
How do we get connected with the eternal God? We "connect" with God in several ways: through prayer, through His Word, through Worship, and there are other ways - like obedience.
Are you a child of the King? If you are, "these signs shall follow those who believe." Jesus said, "I only do what I see the Father doing." Jesus only did what the Father told Him to do. It is interesting to note that everyone that touched Jesus, or prayed for by Jesus, they were they healed - ALL OF THEM!!!!
"All of our springs are in Him." It is only through the blood of Jesus, and only when His spirit is at work in our hearts and lives that we can be what God wants us to be in this world. We need to hear His Word and then do what He says. "Christ in you - the hope of glory."





No comments:

Post a Comment