Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

In the Lord's Presence

   A good friend of mine says "Apart from me you can do nothing!" In the presence of the Almighty God, we are changed. There is a Holy Ghost "impartation" that happens when we are in the presence of "Greatness!" We are changed! I'll never forget the time I had the privilege of playing on stage and in the presence of Phil Driscoll (Jesus and the HS were there too). He took me to the Father (Abba), and in His presence I was changed. We have to keep coming back to Him, because we get "crusty" and we need to "let it soak" to remove the crustiness that comes with getting older.
   In the presence of the Lord, there is fullness of joy. It often comes with a lot of pain. Our heart is ripped open and we have "open heart surgery" with God as our great Physician. Our eyes burst with tears, our nose runs, and we are a mess to behold - but God is at work. In the secret place with God, we behold His glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father - full of grace and truth.
   I am a Worshiper. When I am "in the zone" with the Father, I am forever ruined for the ordinary. This world cannot hold a candle to that place, but I don't want to leave it. Sometimes we need to "hang" tight with Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Times with Dad can be very special. Some of my favorite times with my Father was throwing the Frisbee, imagine that! Other times would quote a scripture, and wait for me to finish it. But there was one time when he was at the piano, and I was in His bedroom, and we had a dialogue. It was a spirit moment. He spoke and I answered. In that moment I touched His heart, and he touched mine.
   One of my favorite spots in my family time was around the piano. Singing with my brother, playing with my sister, and playing together as one for the glory of God. Christmas was always a special time. In my family, there was no lack. We didn't get everything we wanted, but we got everything we needed...and more. Where there were cracks, God has filled in the gaps.
   I guess my favorite times were when I was alone at the keys with my Heavenly Father. When God showed up, and my fingers began to move with a greater ease. HE captured my heart, but Oh how I did not realize it till now. "When He is old, he will not depart from it." God knows our hearts. He sees every tear, He knows every cry, and He is intimately familiar with all of our ways.
   I ama blessed man. I have run away from God many times, but HE is always faithful to draw me back to His loving arms. Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment